Wairarapa Iwi Māori Partnership Board | Applications are now open for the Manawhenua Representative(s)
The Iwi Māori Partnership Board (IMPB) is a group established from the Government’s Health Reforms. There will be numerous IMPBs across the country, however, Wairarapa is fortunate, and has been given the ‘green-light’ to establish an IMPB. The role of the IMPB is governance; to oversee funding investment into Māori health and health in the Wairarapa.
The two Post Settlement Governance Entities of Wairarapa, Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā Trust and Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki nui-a-Rua Settlement Trust are founding members of the Wairarapa IMPB. They will hold four of the seven governance positions.
Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā Trust is seeking applications from whānau who fit the IMPB governance criteria. Applicants are required to send their current CV and application letter to email@example.com
The criteria for IMPB membership may include the following:
- Commitment – ability to participate and attend meetings
- Mana – standing and recognition in the rohe
- In-depth broad knowledge of the health and disability sector
- Business acumen
- Governance background, experience, and commitment to developing this skill base
- A strong tikanga Māori base and Te Reo Rangatira
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi and its application at a governance level
- Politically astute
- Strong understanding and experience of intersectoral relationships
- Sound understanding of health legislation particularly as it pertains to Te Tiriti and IMPBs
- Information technology knowledge
- Commitment to quality systems and continuous quality improvement.
- Networks and demonstrated networking ability
- Ability to communicate with mana whenua Iwi
Applications close at 12 pm Friday, 22 April 2022.
Please email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you include your current email and telephone contact details.
If successful, you will be required to agree to a Police Check